Monday, November 01, 2004

soundtrip and some ponderings on the 1st of november

i've been having a soundtrip for the past 3 hours: from excerpts from the miss saigon soundtrack to excerpts from another broadway production the flower drum song, to some of the songs from a walk to remember, and now, i'm getting some sort of electronic fix from both fatboy slim and the beastie boys..

***

well, it's the first of november (right now, i'm hearing hanson's penny and me)..undas. i've only been familiar with that term last year. i dunno why people didn't use that word years before. yes, i do clearly remember that they (the press, my parents, other peeps around me) did not use that word to refer to all souls' day many years ago...

***

i'll be staying here at home for some 24 hours more before i lug my bag back to UP. it's been near a month since i last thought about, lived and breathed school. i still haven't picked up my grades. but i'm quite happy that i passed my chem. chem 17 at that, the boon of many students who need it like me. i know it's because my prof is so kind, that's why. it's not a flat 3.0 mind you. so guys, take my advice. go for mr. edwin de ocampo.

***

guess what i've been up to most of the sem? aside from spending a lot of time in front of this pc and achieving nothing (seriously, iv'e wasted a lot of hours here doing nothing - not even editing my blog's layout which is badly in need of one), i've been stuffing myself up. it's not that i couldn't stop myself from eating even though i'm not hungry. i did that for one day but i really think i was hungry the whole time so i ate a lot. what i'm talking about is that this is the only chance i get to be able to eat different varieties of foods. when i get back to school, it's gonna be the same old thing again, no dinekdekan, or kineler, or ube, or another foods that i used to eat here and which i'll be only be able to eat now. even if i'm quite full, if there's something new on the table during meals, i'd try to get a taste of it. so naturally, i end up taking in more than what my body should. so any slimming down tips anyone? goodness, i don't think anything works for me. i so envy ness's mom. ness is my batchmate in highschool. i just saw her mom last saturday. and i was so amazed at her transformation. she's not really that fat before, just the typical mother who's in her 40s. well now, she looks like she's just in her late 20s. imagine that.

No comments: