Wednesday, September 16, 2009

jitters

I slept early last night (around 12 MN) because I only had about four hours' sleep before my day started (the pitfall of not living with parents, especially ones who expect that their kids wake up not later than 8 AM). I was intending to wake up early, check my resume, decide on a wardrobe and waltz my way through the venue. My first time to do so.
I'm supposed to go to this job-seeker thing (haha! yup, it's a job fair). I worked on my resumé yesterday afternoon. Removed, revised, revamped the whole thing a bit. This morning, I was intending to surf the internet for some more resumé-writing tips. And then some more on the one thing I couldn't decide on: the wardrobe.  
I have two pairs of slacks, and only one blouse to go with them (my bad, I should have brought the others I had from home). And this blouse is the collared and long Korean type. I feel like I'm overdressed if I waltz in there with that on. It's going to be held in a mall. I feel like I should be wearing something else. Also I don't have any shoes. What I have is a pair of wedgy sandals. I thought I should have some of those flat/doll-type ones. I was dreaming of walking around in that pair of sandals, but then, I have an aversion to attracting attention. One of the reasons is that I feel like I'm gonna commit some fashion booboo anytime.
So there, the net-scouring stretched far more than I had intended. It's now 12 PM, I haven't found any tips. But I've checked my facebook, deviantart, multiply, twitter, plurk accounts and other stuffs in between (like del potro's 20-year old self winning his first grand slam after back-to-back wins over nadal and federer, amazing no?). I'm thinking I should just go there tomorrow, when I'm not thinking of other things (football is one - I'm playing this afternoon). If I do that, I just hope Mom won't check up on me today, because she was the one who gave me a heads up about this.
Alright. So it's not just about going to a job fair. Yesterday, while working on my resumé, I had a glimpse of what getting a job feels like. It wasn't a pleasant feeling. A first-job jitter, I know. But... Hmmm... Can't shake it off just yet. Can't help thinking that I have to let go of my carefree life when I get that first job.
But the job-hunting comes first... *sigh*

No comments: