Friday, June 11, 2010

*internet/power fail*

A few things not going my way today (even blogger's rich text editor takes some seconds before I can start typing. And what do you know, there's nothing like frustration of this sort to get me writing).

First, I was booking a Cebu Pacific flight to Kalibo on January. I've managed to score free accommodation care of my friend. I've just entered the payment details and voila! The screen flickers to black, the electric fan stops spinning, and just as soon as I realize what happened, the CPU goes beep, the red light on the AVR and the CPU goes on and the electric fan resumes its normal whirring. If I could've finished the whole thing a few seconds earlier, the booking might've been done before the power had the temerity to trip right at that moment. Yeah, I know. Chill, as some would say. But I wouldn't be this pissed if it didn't take as long as 30 minutes to book these flights (it may even have taken more).

Oh well, starting over again... Hopefully all goes well this time.

Hmmm....

Well, I guess that's just the whole of it. I've started to feel better after the prospect of going to Bora presented itself to me. Brought me back to my old, usual self. Not this skulking, moping, passive self that's been manifesting since yesterday. And I'm reminded (as I am time and again) what the choice of laziness, the decision to procrastinate, does to one's entire outlook, affecting one's actions and future, no matter how you think it's only the now that you're making a decision about.

No comments: