Monday, May 10, 2010

creation, etc.

I remember watching School of Rock a week ago. I realize now that since singing acts on movies and  shows like Glee tend to become popular, Jack Black and his band could’ve sang more songs showcasing their prowess and endearing themselves more to the viewers. (Of course, I don’t think it would work if they make a sequel with the kids more grown up since we can’t help but compare them to who they were as kids. The treatment should be just right - not trying too hard, just the right pace, nothing over-emotional or over the top so that it would work well.) There could've been more songs that performed and more songs for people like me to download because it’s such a joy to create something, music being one of them. Even though it’s fictional, to realize for one moment that here is something that you’ve created with your own hands, the product of efforts arising from a thinking process which is what came out of the collective experiences and thoughts that become you is an amazing, incredible act of humanity. Being imbued with this ability is a blessing, it would be a shame to not exercise this activity and let all those creative streams of thought go to waste. Just think if Beethoven, the Beatles, Pink Floyd, the Eraserheads, Salvador Dali, Ansel Adams, Dickens, Tolkien, LeGuin weren’t around  - I can’t begin to imagine a world bereft of any art. Celebrate humanity, celebrate creation, celebrate art.

# # #


I was supposed to repost an image from quote-book on tumblr yesterday, but the repost thing failed, and when I tried to look for it today, I couldn’t find it. The image recounts the experiences of someone remembering a relationship – how time suddenly becomes just divided in two – the time with that person, and the time before or after. Like how the scent of something brings back that person back to the time when she was still enjoying her time with that person, and the time when that person is no longer being exposed to that scent is synonymous with the time they were already apart. So well, there’s the me given to romantic tendencies… Even for just once, I'd like to experience emo shit like the one you can conjure in the quote on that image ... just so I could add it up to my belt of experiences. Who knows how many love stories I’ve concocted starring myself. I would like to add a realistic twist to my stories so I was hoping to experience one myself.

2 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

It's been a few years since I've seen "School of Rock".

Happy blogoversary :)

fuNky*souL said...

I would like to watch it again, this time, paying attention to what the writer was saying about the different bands/albums.

Right, I forgot. thanks for the greeting. It's a reminder for me. Hmmm, this blog is now 6 years old. thanks for reading :)