Friday, July 30, 2010

thoughts after window shopping and futsal

I ate a wholemeal vegetarian pizza from Breadtalk about an hour before training and it boded well for me. That’s why I didn’t feel too tired during futsal today, even though we were playing on and off for four hours. I even sort of got into my groove and played one game – well, compared to my usual – fairly well (so I’d like to think). My teammates were great so it was cool that we were passing and progressing towards the opponents’ goal (this is not the usual scenario when I’m playing so pardon the giddiness associated with tonight’s experience). I don’t remember though if we did score.

I initially thought that eating that whole thing (it was around a foot long and about 3-4 inches wide) wouldn’t be good because I’d be so full. Surprisingly, it was helpful as a snack since my last meal was around 1pm with a measly (yeah, it was!) serving of rice and fish fillet that wasn’t artfully presented, the accompanying dip sort of making up for it. I didn’t get to eat snack earlier as I planned because well, I was much too engrossed window shopping. I was already planning to see what Saizen’s Trinoma branch has to offer, looking for the True Value outlet where it is situated, but along the way, I passed through National Bookstore. I saw one of Jamie Oliver’s books from the display window about how anybody can cook so I went in to see that book. Unfortunately, I caught sight of the bestseller pile and the young adult and kids’ section behind it. There was something about Carlos Ruiz Zafon’s new book, after The Shadow of the Wind and one other, but it was nowhere near where the promotional material says so. I also saw a sort of biographical comics about different famous celebrities such as Elvis and The Beatles. The Beatles was the only one whose pages I peeked at. There was more text than speech/thought bubbles. The art – hmmm, unremarkable. I think the writers/publishers could’ve done better and not just sort of belittled each of the members’ attempts at going solo, limiting a child’s view about what caused the Beatles’ eventual breakup. I didn’t read everything, just that one part, so this judgment is not for the whole book. There was also a picture book of Alice in Wonderland featuring scenes from the Tim Burton movie.  I wandered through the cooking section and saw a memoir of two Café by the Ruins kids. I’ve only heard of this place and it’s located up in Baguio. Two of the kids who grew up there were talking about their memories and they also had recipes of favorite treats. I wandered through the fiction section and found an open copy of Murakami’s A Wild Sheep Chase. Interesting read. I guess that’ll be the next Murakami I’ll buy. 

2 comments:

barefoot guerrero said...

what books of murakami do you have? -ruby

fuNky*souL said...

i've the wind-up bird chronicle, hard-boiled wonderland and the end of the world and kafka on the shore.

di pa binabalik sputnik sweetheart ko.